Monday, June 2, 2008

For the Repair ........ Not even close

Now below in red is the first E-mail sent directly to my service advisor at my dealer with problems and concerns before my first service along with a short group of questions that were latter sent to Malibu Corperate on the Mux Switches.  I also outlined issues with the Mux controllers that had no options or aux switch openings. Worth noting once again calling around finally led to the document with instructions on how to change around controls. Why Malibu doesn't put that film crew to work on a DVD showing how to adjust and use everything on this boat is a mystery to me instead a fluff dvd of pros wakeboarding.
Got a two page doc from the my Malibu dealer's lead tech showing how to modify the mux controls( not in my owners manual I checked) . Ok here are a few short comings
1) No instructions on how to add switch to blank spot
2)Switch options disappeared all together prior to editing I saw a front tower and rear tower switch only one shows up now.
3) No open aux switch options? for adding other powered accessories(lights on rear swim platform/other mood lighting(since tier is no place for other regular switches) ( I could use the switch called vent,I guess? still no documentation on your site or any where else)
4)No instructions on how to exit programing mode?
5) Why not add horn button to the steering wheel and free up 3 possible switch modes since the factory lighting options end up on 2 pages ( I gota believe every one would know where it is).

Hit list of problems not pictured
1)Dummy screws in table post
2)Dummy screw in rear compartment for 90 deegre brace
3)Loose nuts in right side gunnel area
4)tower super loose rattled like a 20 year old tower towing 300lbers instead of the hot little Arwyn weighing in at 103lb.
5)Same no tower stop needs adjustment other wise it sits on dash
6)Believe it or not one of the 2 screws holding the Led up in the storage area below glovebox is loose( I'm sure it's not alone)
7)Tons of butt connectors everywhere felt like they clipped down a harness from a vlx to fit
8)All of the accent lights joined with but connectors
9)When I removed malibu lit logo on right side,plastic was cracked before I got to it(very thin not very impressive). (can any one point me to your Led supplier so I can order blue leds to replace the red ones and since they are butt connected I know I will do a better job)
10) I expect Malibu to run and connect tower power leads into the medalion unit so all I need to do is install my bar and put fuses in.(I think it is inexcusable that the wires are not pulled and loomed to their desired locations like speaker wires from tower to stereo area and to medalion control box.
11) I also believe it is Malibu's responsibility to supply a solid place to mount my aftermarket head unit wether it be Sony or Alpine or Pioneer if i choose not to  get the JBL black box as well as a universal connector to control all major head units with the mux switches( since the only place to add third party controller is the glass). If you do get JBL Black box you need add a Mute on the remote  Mux controller so when you come around to verify rider is ok or offer instruction it's a simple tap away.
Fix the air tube hanging down in the front right gunnel in plain sight(it's just sad)

I have a few other issues
1) While the windshield is super cool I have a huge collection of dead love bugs in a place I can't get to but can see.
2)Trailer cover sucks ( if you try to put it on from inside the boat , many of my attempt have left me crawling under the cover going to the front and having to get the nose of the cover back on  and pulling it over the windshield is just plain hard. Once you get to the tower it's done as long as the wind doesn't blow) 
So that was the list and other than a service and a few token newer style heat shrink butt connectors.
What makes it worse is I went to pick it up and the service manager went into the boat and the few loose screws I actually mentioned weren't even touched as demonstrated in front of him. Then the tower issue he claimed was all-ready adjusted as best as it can be.  As my pictures will support the tower was over tightened and the gasket is worthless now, as well as being able to lifting it up and down I will video tape and demonstrate in latter blog entries. The dealer fix for the Loose tower rattle was a piece of foam and then they didn't even bother to put it in. the Dive platform lights were rewired to a switch called heater on the right bank. The tower lights were wired at an expense to me of a 150.00. Where Malibu clearly has slipped and is in denial since most of these features have existed for years on previous VLX's that had the mux controller.

No comments: