Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So It's been a while ,not that it's all good just more of the same

See during July I traveled and we had a few big storms,kinda limited boat use. 
You guessed it we start to enjoy it and then things started to fall apart again.
Later I will attach the video and pictures. Below are some of the problems an
d repairs.
1) The fantastic tower would clank back and forth like a 10 year old boat with the
 gaskets totally destroyed and squishing out.  A couple of side notes discovered a)if you are shorter than 5'5 you can't put the tower up by yourself,see you can't lift it and reach down to put the pins in. b) The fix for the tower landing on the steering wheel is a pole with a plastic hook on it(yea kinda seems like duck tape ) c) Now when the storms were coming this problem showed up ,you can't put the cover on and lower the tower with out it resting on your dash(woops kind of a huge problem since I'm sure Malibu is going to say the dashboard damage caused by the tower is your fault)
2)Next issue is also great the steering wheel would clank like an old bus , later it was sorta fixed with a rudder dampener. I still have it at low speed power randomly
3) Now we move on the the state of the art mux switches I have mentioned earlier. Well beside it's short comings no open aux  switches apparently they fail completely and leave you with no controls for the wedge.( they did and  Malibu replaced it)
4)Which now leads to the next group of problems the gauges well I was told the Wedge gauge will not accurately represent the location of the wedge. Hey even bought the power wedge which is under the dive platform I guess I better form a psycic connection to so i can guess where it is.  Now apparently the ballast gauges should be considered best guess as well. See this is important since Malibu brags in thier brochure about the ability to program profiles . The only part of the profile I can program is the speed since, the gauges are guesses then how would the computer know where to stop?
5)Oh and this one was great the depth gauge died and the dealer actually try to tell me it had to be calibrated.(lol) it would read 2ft or 400ft in the same location I will attach video later. They supposedly repaired it now my lake is .5 feet everywhere.
6)When I mentioned the bilge had water in it the dealer once again offered me the opportunity to repair my boat by clearing the float and I did and that wasn't it. Yes you can guess they claimed to fix it and now it works randomly
These are just some of the July issues. I actually made arrangements to bring it in and made sure they could schedule time to complete all of the items on my list I included a detailed list with pictures and even a DVD with the bigger issues. The above only a broad stroke I belive they tried and I feel the clanking in the tower is gone and the chatter in the wheel is basicly gone. In closing if the manufacture brags about it in their brochure then I belive it should work.

No comments: